Friday 13 January 2012

In the meantime...

Argh, I really want to post a birthday card I did, but I can't put it up until next weekend or the person it's for might see it...  so here's some photos of something else instead.

After Christmas and before New Year I went down to the south coast with my family to visit some friends of our who have moved to Worthing, a bit west of Brighton.  We went for a walk and within an hour the scenery went from this:


To this:


Don't you just love Britain!  It was kicking up a gale I can tell you.  Fortunately we could take shelter in Al's Diner, an American style cafe just east of the pier.  Don't be deceived by the board outside claiming that their special is an Egg-Mayo sandwich, go inside and they have the biggest menu I have ever seen for a place that size.  Try their pancake breakfasts, and then their milkshakes.  Between me and my sister we made our way through a raspberry one and a peanut butter one.  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment